Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HackersWar.com

nonauto play

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 379 messages in 62 subjects

We have 60 registered users

The newest registered user is zacbel

4 posters

KEEP OUT THE OSF"S

OldKingCole
    OldKingCole

KEEP OUT THE OSF"S Empty KEEP OUT THE OSF"S

Post by OldKingCole Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:10 pm

Title says it all. WE as a WHOLE need to keep the threat of OSF's and the Farming rule out of HW. I say we farm/pin anyone who tries to go OSF. Posted in Q+A because it *IS* a question.
    XxA1xX
    XxA1xX
    Admin

KEEP OUT THE OSF"S Empty Re: KEEP OUT THE OSF"S

Post by XxA1xX Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:16 pm

i make more attacking right now then anything else i think its gonna be a long while till anybody converts to pure spy. but i agree we dont need them to get ahead
    OldKingCole
    OldKingCole

Post by OldKingCole Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:27 pm

I believe the ally glitch *IS* in effect-what that means is that there is NO MP. just capped at the amount of your allies' plunder bonus :O
    OldKingCole
    OldKingCole

Post by OldKingCole Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:55 pm

Also, I think we won't EVEN be able to hit OSF's yet, as thestats, when at 0, don't allow you to hit them.

I.E. 0/0/1110/1110 could not spy 1110/1110/0/0, like in the game. You get a message about "resources too low or something. So, in conclusion, I do not think OSF'ing is a viable way to earn $ yet, or ever, on this game.
    lordbyron1990
    lordbyron1990

Post by lordbyron1990 Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:34 am

Ya there would be nO good way for a osf to make money right now. A pure spy wouldnt be possible till at least land complete and even then there would be no real point to them because you would waste so much money converting. Also osf make crap money outside of pwars and since there is no war system they couldn't make money. It would also be just as stupid as someone going hansel right now, free hits on them Razz
    OldKingCole
    OldKingCole

Post by OldKingCole Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:37 pm

I can't wait for the first poor fool to try it Razz

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:07 pm

There are multiple people currently doing some tests on the capabilities of pure spy builds, but so far it seems unreasonable. The only potential option is for a hansel buuild, but this limits the number of attacks that can be made before it goes DTW to hitters.

As far as OSFs go, they were a very positive addition to KaW when they were actually SECRET farms. It's the idea of plunder wars that must be kept out. Spy builds on their own are not a problem, so as long as there is no clan/war system, it should be no problem at all. It's if a war system is introduced that we need to start pushing spy builds out.
    OldKingCole
    OldKingCole

Post by OldKingCole Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Yes. As long as wars don't come out, we'll be fine Razz
    KiD ToyKo
    KiD ToyKo

Post by KiD ToyKo Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:39 pm

What is osf

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:49 pm

KiD ToyKo wrote:What is osf

OSF has, in the past, stood for Open Secret Farm. It's commonly accepted definition now is Open Spy Farm. In games such as this it's a player/account with purely spy stats, who allows other players to farm them for gold.
    lordbyron1990
    lordbyron1990

Post by lordbyron1990 Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:58 pm

KiD ToyKo wrote:What is osf

An osf is an open spy farm, or open secret farm depending on who you are. The term comes from the game KaW. What it is is a player who build only spy buildings and no attack building and allows other players to attack them so they can gain a large amount of gold. This works because they have no defense so you get the max amounts of hits in with little to no losses and the osf can never become DTW ( defender too weak to attack) because they have no troops. Sure these sound nice but once they come around there is nothing but noobs following.

There are a few things though preventing them in this game right now. 1: everybody is new and nobody has the gold to go pure spy 2: there are no clans and there for no waring system. pure spy builds do not make good money on their own, most rely on money made from pwars (plunderwars) which are a little complicated to explain if you do not know what the war system is like in similar games, which im sure you dont. and 3:when you go pure spy right now and have no troops it appears that you can not be attacked by other players.

Osf's lead to pwars which lead to noobs which leads to people whining for hires and that they are being farmed in WC which we do not want. I hope that answers your question Smile
    lordbyron1990
    lordbyron1990

Post by lordbyron1990 Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Also toby, I hate to say this but there is a way that a hansel could stay open for many hits right now. I don't really want to post it because it is kind of a glitch and most people dont know it but untill it is fixed it could be used to keep a hansel open for a long time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:24 am